View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 11:54 AM
BonnieJP

After doing a lot of research on cutting systems, I decided to purchase a Sizzix Big Shot Plus. The reasons I chose the Sizzix were:
  1. Lower cost for the initial "machine" as well as for the cutting dies than the Accuquilt or Cricut. For example, a die to cut 2-1/2" strips is $40 for Sizzix compared to $80.45 for an Accuquilt die on Amazon.
  2. I can cut through 8 layers of fabric at one time.
  3. Sizzix can use a wide variety of dies, even some that are paper thin. My Sizzix can use Accuquilt dies, but Accuquilt cannot use Sizzix dies.
  4. My Big Shot Plus takes up minimal space in my sewing room, and because it has a built in handle and is light weight, I can carry it downstairs to do my cutting on the kitchen table.
  5. The Big Shot Plus is a manual system that does not require an electrical or computer connection so I can easily take it to a sewing bee or Quilts of Valor sew-in.
  6. There are lots of Sizzix scrapbook dies available. So I can also use my Sizzix for other projects in addition to quilting.
  7. The pieces cut on the Sizzix are always 100% accurate.
I absolutely my Sizzix Big Shot Plus. My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner to make my quilting projects more enjoyable with more accurate and faster cutting. You might want to check out some of the YouTube videos about the Sizzix cutting system. There are several videos showing how to use the Sizzix system and at least one video comparing Sizzix to other cutting systems.