View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 10:01 AM
tallchick

As suggested by many, reach out to your Police & Fire Departments! As a former first responder who often carried a bag full of small stuffed animals with me while on patrol, I can’t express just how well received items like this are to those in a crisis. Often times kids are overlooked and forgotten when responding to a situation, a simple act of kindness goes along way to helping not just a child but also your fellow man. If the response to a stuffed animal is met with such happiness and enthusiasm, imagine what a quilt of their very own would mean to them! It’s easy to forget that so many have very little in life, and it’s these things we do and share with our community that can have such a impact. The same goes for kids in Foster Care, let me assure you that while most foster homes are fine, not every foster home is a loving and wonderful place to be! Imagine being in strange home with very few, if none of your personal belongings and really nothing to call your own and then being placed in different homes over a period of years. A quilt can provide a little bit of love to wrap themselves up in that is theirs to keep!
So please, don’t give up quilting but find a worthy cause in which to share the love!