View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 01:26 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I have worked in nursing homes and donated lots of quilts to them- the residents absolutely love them. The staff is careful to keep them ( used as a bedspread) clean so laundering doesn’t have to happen often and the laundry staff treat them well. I gave a special quilt to a dear friend who had a stroke and wound up In a local long term facility. He was their for ten years before he passed away- the quilt was passed on to someone else. About 5 years after he passed away my mom fell & broke- she wound up doing rehab in the same facility- was there about 5 months. One day I was visiting her at home and there was the quilt I had made for Bill 15 years earlier. I asked her where it came from she said one night - in that place- she was cold and the nurse took it into her- when she was ready to go home they asked her if she wanted to take it home and she said yes. I was So Surprised it was still in pretty good shape, very soft and well loved, I told her I had made it forBill After his stroke . After she passed away I held onto the quilt for a couple years- thinking about her and even more- Bill. then felt like it really belonged back at the facility- I gave it back , now it is on the bed of one of my mom’s childhood friends.