View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 07:18 AM
Iceblossom

Here in Seattle the actual selling price for used machines is low, but people always advertise high usually starting around $100. Even when I send them a message that "the machine you are selling was $79 new two years ago and has not gone up in value". Actual sell price is $20-40 at thrift stores and garage sale price. Goodwill is "closed for the duration" as we say here, but just before the shutdowns I had to pass on a lovely condition Free Westinghouse with good decals in an excellent condition cabinet for $1.79 with it's manual and accessory box. Yes -- under $2, it was originally priced around $35 but hadn't sold in a month so it was time to go.

Hard to go wrong with a Singer or a Sears/Kenmore. I prefer older "post war Japanese machines", my own is a Remington and it has a wonderful solid straight stitch that can piece or quilt/upholstery. Morse is a similar brand that I love to find and fix up, they are often quite stylish/good looking machines.

Looking yesterday because of this ad, there was this one that made me really want to add to my collection and bring it home and take care of it... it's very close to my mom's house.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/a...092431507.html