View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 03:22 PM
quiltingcandy

When I was young I sewed a lot of my clothes - being 5'9" in high school in late 60's, early 70's you would have thought I was 7 ft tall. So to get slacks to the right length was hard. We weren't allowed to wear jeans but I would buy boys' dress slacks once in a while with 29 waist and and 34 inseam. My dad was 6 ft and his legs were the same length as mine. So I had to sew - my zippers were the old style with the flap over the zipper. When they came out with the invisible zipper they just didn't make sense to me. Then along came the reading pillows - I them. Can't seem to make enough of them - so cute and so fun. I had not put in a zipper in over 40 years. But my friend pushed me to do it - and I did the old style. But then my daughter's friend wanted a few pillows made and she brought invisible zippers. Oh dear, okay. I Got the special invisible zipper foot and it was just so easy!!!! Why am I such a chicken.
I still don't sew clothes - just cheaper to buy. But I don't shy away from zippers anymore. I still need to try to make the little bags - but too much keeps getting in the way.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-09-2020 at 04:37 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps