View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 04:08 PM
Quiltah Mama

Flour in my area has been available if your in the right place at the right time. Both the local grocery stores the baking isles are pretty baren, no flour and no sugar every time I've been in the stores. I got some at our local natural grocery/garden/grain/gift store, they purchase from Associated grocers, and are apart of a co-op They have plenty of flour and yeast. Just an FYI for those who plant a garden, I have always purchased my garden seeds during the winter months to be ready for spring. When I purchased them a few weeks ago at the above mentioned store, I commented, "I figure I better get these now to tuck away for spring before they too are gone, just like everything else right now." The owner told me, they are selling seeds as fast as toilet paper, they have had to place three orders for seeds, and they are still selling like crazy, he explained, he has never ordered so many seeds in March for spring planting in all his years in business, so if you plant a garden, plan on getting your seeds now and store them. It's looking to me like this virus is going to make us all into homesteaders, home baking and gardening atleast.