View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:20 AM
ekuw

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama View Post
I really like it. I myself would have never thought to put the stripes with the circles, but the way you did it, it looks really cool. Excellent finish.
Thanks for the kind words. I had a yard of that fabric with the circles on it, and I decided I would buy 1/3 of a yard of solids to match some of the colors. Ended up buying Red, Orange, Yellow and light blue. Then I found that striped fabric at Goodwill and it matched exactly! I have been wanting to use striped fabric in a more creative way so that was my mindset here. I had some green fabric that I was originally going to use as the background, but not enough; that's why I ended up using the blue. Once I got sewing the blocks together I decided the light blue solid might not contrast enough with the blue background so I ended up finding enough of the green solid in my stash. It actually wasn't a solid, but had a small print of the front. I just used the back. You know the saying " you pay for both sides of the fabric". All in all the colors have a 70 feel. Like avocado green and harvest gold haha! Lots of my quilts come together this way; they start with a couple pieces from my stash. I am focused on trying to use it first. Sometimes I have to buy accent or background fabric, then also try to match with a pattern that will work with the limited fabric that I have. Most of my fabric is older...considerably older and so there is no getting more of a particular print. Sorry to ramble on, but I have the time to do so with "normal" life not so normal right now. More time for quilting so I am not complaining.