View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 AM
juliasb

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
G

Annt59, great blocks. Love the orange and black/white for Julia. Good to hear from you Christyj. Keep checking in with us when you can. Juliasb, it's good of you to make the masks.

We got the "stay home" order yesterday until mid-April. We've been doing it anyway but now the county commissioners have ordered it. I'm down at the cabin - very much away from everyone - but I'll be home tomorrow. I'll have time to work on my blocks. I think I have enough fabrics in the stash to finish out the blocks I have left. The LQS and other non-essential (huh? LQS non-essential???) businesses are ordered closed so I've got to make do.

Take care everyone.
I have made more than 150 mask so far and have to wait until more elastic gets here which will be in a couple days. As I said I have all my blocks done now and ready to send back to Janice when the time comes. It helped that we have been on lock down since early March. It has now been extended to April 30th. I have a feeling it will be even longer when the time gets nearer. I just cancelled a trunk show and workshop I had scheduled for out quilt guild for May and June. We are one of the Hot Spots for the COVID-19. Yesterday we had 208 death and another 1300+ new cases in our area. So I stay inside. If someone comes to the door to drop groceries or pick up something it is mask and glove for both of us. The total isolation is not as bad for Jerry and I since we are use to being somewhat housebound. I am sewing and quilting up a storm right now. It feels good to check in with all the boomers.