Old 04-11-2020, 10:55 AM
LAF2019

Ice- I like your star blocks with the softer gold background. either way, it will make a wonderful quilt!

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Today I'll be working on the Bunny Star project. I'd just call it the "Easter Quilt" but I'm hoping it might go to my grandson next year (he'll be 18 months next time). Son's household doesn't celebrate Easter but I can probably slip in some bunnies... or maybe it will just be for donation, doesn't really matter in this case.

Today I am debating the merits between bright white or other alternatives for the solid squares/triangles of the Lemoyne Star block. Here I have it shown with a bright white on white floral and an gold/beige off tone on tone floral. I also have some very pale solids in a couple of colors to consider. There will be the 12 bunny blocks in a diagonal grid, 3 across and 4 down. There are only 6 stars which will all be in the middle. I have enough scraps to make all 6 blocks identical, but I think I'm going to use the majority of the same fabrics in most of them, and maybe swap out the green or purple sets for blue in some of the blocks.

Also debating on how to make the star block. i could cut off the corners and fill them in with colored triangles so they meet the bunny snowball blocks and form QST units, but I think I'm going to use that square of background in the setting triangles and want to keep it square for now. I can either set-in the square in the traditional method, or do it the quick diagonal seam method.