View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 02:18 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Hey everyone! Sorry haven't been on the Q for awhile. I will catch up with you all name wise and list who is playing.

How is everyone surviving? We have been quarantined for going on 5 weeks now. My husband is a cancer survivor just last summer he had a sarcoma taken off his arm. and he did radiation treatments last Sept. I have a lung disease and am on oxygen now so I gave in to my kids request we stay home. Our Daughter Sara has been getting us groceries but I have been exploring ordering on line so she doesn't need to go as often. All 3 of my kids make sure we are ok.

Just ran to town to get meds and mexican food LOL We've gotten out and done drive through chicken and McDs a few times but not many. Mostly just staying home and avoiding everyone.

I haven't gotten on the mask band wagon but thought maybe I would help out a friend of mine who is house bound with 2 aides who come in to her home. One aide works at the local hosp. So they don't have masks.

so I am trying to answer some questions on the mask making. - Yes I have cotton cloth LOL yes I have thread. But if it has to be 100% cotton thread I'm not sure. Does cotton over polyester work or not? I have at least on spool of 100% cotton thread but most of it is polyester. so what is ok to use?

One comment says to not use a nose piece so they can mike the mask to disinfect it. But most are putting in a nose piece., I have a lot of paper clips I can use.

I have some lightweight pellon but it won't last long. I also had my mom scrounge some unused furnace filters. are there specific dos and dont's on the filters?

So many saying so many different things about the masks. It is confusing. I don't want to put my time and trouble into something that does not end up helping anyone.

I posted on the regular fb and realized you guys would probably know what I want to know. I did read the CDC update but it didn't really help much. Thanks! R