View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 11:10 AM
ekuw

I too love Edyta and Laundry Basket Quilts. Her colors and patterns are so beautiful. I decided to go ahead and make her mystery quilt. I had a fat quarter bundle that I was gifted that I have been looking to use so I thought this would be a good fit. The fabric line is called "Folk Art Christmas III" by Robin Pandolph - Moda. I am guessing it's from the early 00's. I have made all 100 blocks and will post a picture once I get them sewed together. A couple of observations: I did not come close to using all the fabric in the bundle. I used mainly one color for the background as I had some extra matching yardage. I would estimate 2.5 - 3 yards for the background (light) color. The directions called for cutting everything. By this I mean cutting squares into rectangles to make a HST for instance. I usually make (2) HST at a time by sewing a quarter inch on each side from a middle line. It took me a bit to rework her instructions to make them work for my style of piecing. That said, I very much like the pattern and am appreciative that she offered this for free during the COVID 19 shelter in place.