View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 11:48 PM
Teen

Hi, ladies...so glad you'all are staying in and avoiding trips. It's so cool that family has your back the way they do. My family is doing the same for our mothers. We just want them to stay put.. We video chat with them everyday and call them every evening. Both are homebodies anyway so it really isn't much difference for them; however, we are not entering their homes so human contact is minimal. I want to hug them...ugh!

I follow Fat Quarter Shop pattern from their blog. It's the pleated pattern...no nose piece and has a pocket to insert a filer if desired. I started out making ties until the elastic came then switched. I, too, skaduzy, use batiks and quilt cotton because of the tight weave. I've made a bunch for family and the senior homes in my valley, given them to grocery store people, mail carriers and post office personnel. We have low cases in my state still so hospitals in my region have not requested any. Mostly, senior homes. I've made a bunch for small children because those sizes are hard to find. The pattern has 5 different sizes. I use cotton thread just because that is what I have mostly. I don't use interfacing because it's hard to breath over time with 3 layers. I'd avoid furnace and vacuum filters. There are chemicals in those. I've stopped production for now until I'm contacted to fill a need.

There are so many different patterns to chose from and a gazillion suggestions on the COVID19 thread but anything is better then nothing. I'm told that many medical,personal use the cloth masks to cover N95 masks to preserve them but I'm sure they appreciate any made and donated.

Please continue to keep yourselves safe.