Old 04-16-2020, 12:43 PM
Iceblossom

I have reduced my machines but currently the Bernina which is supposed to be on top of the sewing table is in the living room under the ironing board to take to the shop. I believe they have "closed for the duration" as we say around here, need to check on that.

Under my sewing table are the vintage heavy Remington and the reasonable weight Singer 301. I dropped the foot pedal on the Remington and really broke it inside! I understand that shop is open by appointment so I'm going to get a new foot. Usually I would just go to the thrift stores and find something, but again -- Goodwill is "closed for the duration". So Remy has been pulled out into basically the main path of my sewing room. The 301 I took over to my neighbor's today, they are going to use it to make masks. I usually use the cases of the vintage machines as a stop for my foot pedal, might have to put something down now -- not sure how I will take the extra leg space.

The cheap portable Brother that doesn't have a case but has a box is usually behind my sewing table, but it is currently set-up on top of the table because working beats non-working! The box is on the corner of the table.

The vintage Pfaff in a cabinet lives in my bedroom as a tv stand. I can get to it fairly easily... just have to take off the old school large tube tv from the top and put it somewhere.

Likewise, when my hubby moved from Michigan to be with me in Seattle, he brought his grandmother's machine, a White or Free I think... anyway, it's in a case that is a lamp stand in the corner under a picture my grandmother painted.

I had more machines... I see really great deals on machines all the time. But I just don't have the space for any now. Well... I mean, I could line up like 10-12 in a row along the wall in the living room but that was easier when my curtains were shorter, but I'm trying really hard to reduce and not give into the temptations. Eventually though I will be getting a treadle. Not sure what in my house will be going out to make that possible but some day it is going to happen.