View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 05:12 AM
juliasb

Welcome Steven to the QB! Glad to have you here with us. There are a great number of machines available and so much depends on what your budget can afford and what your wife uses her machine for. A good in expensive machine could be a Brothers machine that will embroider and sew for just over $300. To moderate machine that are from $400 to $1000 like a Janome. These are great quilting machines. Then there are more high end machines that could go as high and $10,000. Of course t here is every price range in between. The Bernina IMO is one of the best top of the line machines. However it is way out of my price range. For quilting I like a machine with a deeper throat if I can find one.
My personal favorite is a Janome. I have had mine now for 30 years with only one minor problem. I quilts great and I have made countless quilts using it. I also have a couple Brothers sew/embroidery machines that have seen me through many days. They too get a lot of use. You may consider this. I would not recommend it for quilting however. Now depending on the budget you could get her both of these machines and she would be able to do both function and have to great machines that can do it all.