View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 11:04 AM
littledentist

Default Walking foot with a 1/4" guide?

Hi everyone. Hope you're all safe and at the very least enjoying some quality sewing time. I have recently realized the impact of sewing without a dual feed or walking foot. Even with pinning, it's rare (if ever) that my strips (particularly if they have a lot of sewn pieces...or even not) are ever perfectly the same length at the end of sewing them. They could match together perfectly, then I pin them and make they're the same length and everything, and then once they're sewn, one is always longer (I forget which one, either the top or the bottom...not that it matters!). I have a Bernina 350 and I tried to use the walking foot which does help but it doesn't have a built in 1/4" seam guide. I don't even care that it's clunky bc once it's on, it's on. I think it's either time to upgrade my machine or maybe switch to a Janome with accufeed. Why doesn't Bernina (or anyone) make a walking foot with a 1/4" seam guide? I tried to make a makeshift guide but I just annoyed myself because it's not consistent. Would you agree that it's time to make a change? All thoughts welcome!