View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Country Quilter

Miranda.... Here in Wisconsin we have what is now known to be an Asian Aphid Beetle that resemble ladybugs but are not TRUE ladybugs! They differ in pattern and color and omg do they EVER stink!!! A true ladybug supposedly does NOT bite where these asian beetles DO!! and hard!!! Somebody told me "they do not bite they pinch" and I responded with "well whatever the heck it is that they do it hurts!!!" And another thing these asian beetles do that I've never seen a ladybug do is stain things when they are squashed .... I have little orange spots all over my walls and ceiling!!

I guess somebody thought it would be a good idea to introduce these things to kill aphids....well, now we are overrun by the beetles and even birds won't eat them because of their stench!

I've learned to take a piece of tape after them now instead of the flyswatter!! Or if you drop them into a HOT cup of water they also die instantly!! So I run a styrofoam cup of water around my house and flick them into it! Or a piece of duct tape to collect them!