View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 01:15 PM
toogie

Default Divine Inspiration

Hello, I thought I did not want to make a quilt during these fearful and uncertain times, as it would always remind me and I would feel sad. I could not have been more wrong.
One day after hearing reports, I was so overwhelmed with grief. I think I was then divinely reminded, of some fabric I had left, from our 50th wedding anniversary quilt backing from 2 years ago. It has scripture and other inspiring quotes. I felt making a quilt like this is just what I needed.This top is what I think of as a modern block and not something I usually make, but these are unusual times. I also needed to separate the verses. It's a shame though to get fabric that is printed at a slant and not straight across the width. Unfortunately, a lot of bolts are like that, but some blocks lost chapter & verse or as in bottom left, looks crooked.
I hope you understand my feeling for this quilt. It's 60 x 75 inches, a good size throw. ( My husband says to finish it as a queen.) Now to quilt it.......Thanks to Iceblossom and Barb in Louisiana and others for suggestions. Have a good day friends and stay well-Toogie
Attached Thumbnails img_4429-qb-web.jpg   img_4433-web.jpg   img_4431-web.jpg   img_4432-web.jpg   img_4435-web.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-19-2020 at 06:35 PM. Reason: remove religious statement