View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 07:50 AM
MicheleC

Default What I learned yesterday.

I didn’t learn anything that’s new to many of you on here, but I wanted to share anyway because it was a fun experience for me

I had two quilts that needed to be sandwiched so I can quilt them. I pinned the first one. I glued the second one. It was so much faster! I was amazed at how quickly it went. I followed the advice I had read before on the board for smearing out blobs. I probably used too much glue in spots still but it will wash. It took me about a third of the time that it took to pin the first one. I was so excited! I can see why so many folks on here use it.

I purchased a bottle of glue a while ago intending to use it to baste my next quilt. I tried it and had trouble. Then I looked at the bottle and discovered that I had purchased a “no run” version on the glue. It was difficult to get out of the bottle. It also beaded up even when I could get a line of glue out.

I was also very excited yesterday after reading another thread about presser feet to discover on Janome’s website that they now have a ruler foot for my machine! I have a Skyline S7 and it was not recommended to use a ruler foot due to the autolift feature, I believe. The only drawback is that it’s over $60 for the foot. I’m willing to wait and budget for it because I’ve been wanting to try ruler quilting. I’ve seen such beautiful results from it.

Thank you all for letting me share!