View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 07:10 AM
Iceblossom

It does -- it says let me out! let me out!

I've seriously reduced the size of my stash over the last 10 years. Everything that's currently in it I wanted to keep or at least felt I could possibly conceivably use it within the next 5 years (not that I "only" have 5 years worth of stash).

Today one of my quilting group ladies is coming over to shop the stash. Or at least see what I've pulled for her as options as we meet out in the driveway. She's making a roman stripe donation and wants a consistent piece for the HST so needs a suitable piece about 2 yards long. Her first thought was solids so I pulled a few of the pieces that are large enough, and then a few "reads as solids" and now I'm going to hit her with a couple of "and now for something completely different" or what I call inspiration choices -- one of which I think she's going to take and another she probably won't use for this project but maybe for a different one.

We have a running joke because she really hates about half the fabric I love, and although she rejects it she starts thinking about it... and then a year or so later the conversation starts with "do you happen to have any of the fabric left".

If none of these are right, we'll both be able to figure out what we need to be looking for.