View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 07:10 AM
Austinite

I have a Sizzix Big Shot Plus and I love it! I use it all the time, I just used my 4.5" x 8.5" rectangular die (finishes at 4x8) to make a lovely patchwork for a friend, it took less than an hour to cut out, then when it was time for binding I used my 2.5" strip die for that. No wrist, arm, or shoulder pain, I'll never go back to doing all my own cutting.

pros: no pain, easy to use, no electricity needed, Sizzix dies are available on Amazon and on their own website and very reasonably priced., super accurate cutting (you do need to make sure to use the dies correctly), you can use Accuquilt branded dies with an adapter which I have
cons: Big Shot Plus doesn't fold, uses more fabric than rotary cutting, the plastic that goes under and above the die does get used up and need replacing (I went to a plastics company rather than buy them from Sizzix), have to find a place to store the cutter and the dies, and like I mentioned, you need to lay the fabric the correct way or you'll get super stretchy bias edges.