Old 03-01-2010, 06:13 AM
pvquilter
Banned

Would anyone be interested in a Santa/Snowman block exchange??? Should we do just one or combine the two? Any suggestions would be great.. I would be willing to host the swap. I will try and get ideas etc and hope to get up and running by April so we could make a Xmas quilt. What do you think?

Rules for Snowman/Snowflake Swap:

12 1/2 inch unfinished Snowman (people)./Snowflake sampler blocks. 1 set is 12 blocks.

Please use 100% prewashed cotton fabric and make sure your blocks measure 12 1/2 ". They may be pieced, appliqued, embroidered or whatever. LET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES FLOW.

Use a dark colored background like the one that Lynniek used on page 7 of this thread.

You make 12 blocks , either snowmen or snowflakes . If you prefer to make 6 of each that is OK too. Send them to me along with a SELF_ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE WITH RETURN POSTAGE... whatever it costs to send it to me, it will cost to return your blocks.

I will send you back one of your blocks and one each of 11 different blocks.

Please mark EACH ONE of your blocks with a little slip of paper pinned to, or a sticky label with your message board name and your real name.

If you want to make multiple sets, just make sure you have 12 blocks of each pattern. You will receive back as many as you send.

PM me with what you will be making.

Signup closes April 15th, 2010.

Mail your blocks to me by August 1, 2010.

I will mail them back out by August 15th, 2010.

The group activity page can be found at:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...jsp?gracnum=33

-------------------------------------------------------------------
JUST AN EXTRA NOTE:

If you have other suggestions on how to handle how many snowmen/snowflakes let me know. This may get confusing. Just so we have enough to exchange. We may have to change to snowmen only and we can add snowflakes to our own quilt. What do you think?? PLEASE ALSO PM me that you want to join this swap. THANKS!!