View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 10:00 AM
Iceblossom

Today for lunch I took some of my own advice. We have a special Keto bread that is low enough carbs for me to have on a daily basis if I wish. So I had a loaf of that which had already been frozen, still fine quality but not the best but perfect for grilling or french toast. I love toast but the one of the downside of low carb is that carbs are what makes toast! Carbonization... Using the toaster I just get a pale hard cracker or something that is crunchy and not toast. But add some sort of spread or fat and grill and it turns out nicely. I had eggs and one slice each ham and cheese to use up, so made it all into a french toast sandwich that was delicious. Covering your pan to keep the heat in helps cheese melt before bread burns.

Weird hint but true: Mayo spread lightly on the outside of your bread makes it grill/color nicely.

My other option was a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich. That's a bit high carb for me, but half a banana is a better switch for jam and there is something so wonderful about hot melted peanut butter. Yes, if you have bacon, it is right at home crumbled up in there too.