View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 04:28 AM
Iceblossom

Conchalea, been thinking of you. I'm willing to give you an "itchy fingers and empty hands" on-line shopping excursion pass, I don't think any fabric you might get now counts since you don't have access to stash.

One of my Tuesday group ladies took 2 yards from my stash for her project. Originally she had asked about large pieces of solids, and then amended that to reads as solids or small prints. I pulled out about 10 pieces, one of which was sort of like my Minions choice -- it fit the design criteria and that was the one she chose. I had figured that next to last in most likely to go -- glad it found a project.

I have both my machines in the shop. The Bernina shop is "closed for the duration" which should be May 5 here now. The other dealer is my preferred repair guy anyway and he'll take care of it as well as find a suitable vintage replacement foot for my Remington. They were closed but applied for and got an exemption as an essential business and said that they are busy enough they are calling back their vacuum repair person. I finally got the foot pedal opened and found it was a much more complex mechanism inside than I would have ever guessed! There was this channel thing in the middle made of bakelite or some early plastic, and that is what shattered when I dropped it from desk height. Plus there was the definite black mark of an electric short, no repairs on that one just replace.

So here's the latest picture of some of masks I made yesterday. Made a ton of binding that still needs to be pressed for today's batch. These made for my son/DDiL and their friends. We can't hide it that we are wearing them, so we might as well make some sort of statement...

Attached Thumbnails 100_5688.jpg