View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 04:56 AM
juliasb

Like you, I have gone around in circles with monofilament threads until I settled on Superior! Now I have a spool that sits in front of me at my key board to remind me of what to use. If you could only see it through my screen. Here I am holding it up for you. It sews very well. I will use a matching 50 wt thread on the bobbin side. Of course by the nature of the beast it will still break from time to time but no where near what other threads do. One thing I strongly suggest is that you lock the thread with a couple extra stitches when you come to an edge in your sewing or after several feet of stitching There is so much stretch in the thread that this will prevent a snap later on. Also if the thread does break be sure to snip as closely as possible to the top of the quilt at the time of the breakage other wise it will be difficult to find those little threads when the quilt is finished.
As I said Superior Thread is IMHO the best of the monofilament threads around and I used it whenever I decided to do such a quilt. It is worth the extra cost.