View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 04:05 AM
Kayew

Originally Posted by romille View Post
I am looking for a travel machine for taking to classes, and last night the hubby agreed to spending around $300 on one since my other option was spending $220 on a Tutto bag big enough to lug my Creative Performance around... and I am nervous carrying that expensive/heavy machine to class.

The only used machine I found locally that looks like something I would be interested in is a Babylock Decorator's Choice (BLDC2) that I found on Craigslist. The seller says it was purchased in 2007 or 2008 and she does sew much anymore, so she is selling it. I asked when it was serviced last, and she said it was serviced in the fall when she decided to make some skirts.

Do you guys think this is worth buying? I am not sure if $350 is a good price. It looks like they don't make this model anymore, and it was somewhere around $800 to $1000 originally from what I have been able to find while googling. It has been listed for a couple months, so maybe I could get it for less. What do you guys think is a fair price? Or should I pass it up?

Link to machine: http://babylock.com/sewing/decorator-choice/

(and bonus points to anyone that can find the weight of this machine)

Thanks!!
I have had a decorators choice since 2010. I love it. I do a lot of sewing and use it almost everyday. The best machine i have had.