Old 04-25-2020, 10:50 AM
littledentist

Default Possibly decision time...time to upgrade? Soliciting all your opinions!

Hi ladies. I have had a Bernina 350 for about 8? years or so. I love it. Except...these days I'm really realizing that pinning every single thing every time I have to sew (even a 2 inch piece!) to make sure the seams are the same at the end is getting very old. I feel like I'm wasting so much time. For the longer pieces, I can handle it but to feel like I have to do it for everything all the time is really starting to frustrate me. I have a q20 for quilting but I really want to upgrade to dual feed for better accuracy and quite frankly, efficiency. Right now I get 20% off of a Bernina 570 which I think it probably the smallest machine that has dual feed. I feel like the 770 is just too much machine for me and in these times, I can't even really justify the 570. I was considering a Janome for accufeed but I've always had a Bernina and at least I have a dealer here that can help me. That said, as far as efficiency, am I justified in upgrading or should I just pin and not think too much about it? I feel like if the dual feed is everything that dreams are made of, I can be okay with the investment. All thoughts welcome.