Old 04-25-2020, 01:04 PM
sewingpup

umm...I think the 350 is a 5.5 mm feed dog machine and the 570 is a 9 mm machine....I have the 570 and I have to be frank...overall, I am finding it much easier to piecing with a 5.5 mm feed dog machine....especially if you are doing triangles....the wider feed dogs makes it harder for me to stitch a good quarter inch seam and the points are a lot easier to suck down into the machine even with an single hole plate on....and if you have a single hole plate on, one reason is that if you look at how the piece is placed while piecing with a quarter inch seam, the feed dog to the right is not all the way under the fabric which I believe causes the left side of the fabric to feed at slightly faster pace. I had a Bernina 630 which I traded in for my 570 and I am missing it for piecing....there is many wonderful things the 570 does....but it's strong point is not piecing....actually now as I knocked the timing off of 570 while trying to stitch over a way to fat seam making a microwave bowl, I am piecing on my ancient Viking D1 which pieces beautifully ….sigh...but alas it is a computerized machine, with computer boards no longer available...so when it dies....it will need a proper burial....for piecing you just need a machine that has a good straight stitch...my Viking mega quilter is one that had a wonderful stitch....I gave it to my brother as they wanted one that could go through canvas easily. I did buy a Bernina red machine.....which is a simple machine...but I honestly have to say, I miss some of the features that are present on the 570..sighhh....I just think it is way easier if you have several machines as I find each of my six machines excels at something that others don't.....

Last edited by sewingpup; 04-25-2020 at 01:07 PM.