View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
Okay, fellow quilters. Is there a formula for the consistency of glue for glue basting? And dropping from a mayo container??? Please give some directions. Thank you. ------ I have never tried the glue basting but will try on my next project to be quilted. I have always pin basted but since hand surgery, hooking and closing pins is difficult for me.
In my opinion it is meant to replace pin basting not spray basting. It doesn’t have to cover every inch. I get the small bottles and drizzle it on in a grid pattern straight from the bottle. Like in 4” squares about. If it globs I use my finger to smooth it out. I don’t tape or pin the backing. Just lay the batting across a table and lay the top or backing over it and peel it back and then after drizzling smooth it up. I keep a wet washcloth handy in case it gets on me or the table. If I am feeling like it I put it on in a big meander pattern. I think one of y’all on here suggested sitting the bottle in some warm water to make it flow out easier. I’m going to try that.