View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 06:51 AM
Iceblossom

I think the mask making is opening up a whole new world for Matt! He likes putting stuff together anyway, fabric is just different stuff. Sometimes I refer to my quilting as a form of making big puzzles

Hubby and I were talking about this some last night, he feels bad that "he doesn't do anything" as in -- "well, you quilt and other people do this and that". I told him he was selling himself short, that he has learned about mushrooms among other things enough to forage and trust eating them -- which is not a skill I possess! (I let him try stuff first and then I wait a day or two, we always keep left overs "just in case"). He does all sorts of things, he just doesn't have one consuming passion (but bowling comes pretty close so far as I can tell!).

But I think each of us has a talent. Some of those talents are small and humble, like maybe you can make a really great peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Doesn't sound like much until you see me tearing the bread with a lumpy mound of peanut butter with too much jelly seeping through.

Some of us have to search hard for our talent, if you grow up in the inner city how can you possibly know that you have the potential to be the best bull rider out there??

Not all talents come easy, for some writers every word is a struggle.

But if we expose ourselves to new things, if we are willing to work at achieving our goals, we can find our bliss.

Some of us find it while sewing...