View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 08:46 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
And I was just thinking that I need to look an newer machines now that my skills are expanding. My Bernina 830 Record is 40 years old. I love it, but I like to challenge myself. Watching the thread about new machine suggestions because I don't know where to start, other than Bernina or Kenmore(my first in about 7th grade).
I was looking at Bernina machines the other day at ebay. Actually, I was looking for a new stitch plate for my aurora 440 bernina and they showed up too.) I was surprised to see a record 830 going for around 900 dollars. You must really enjoy having such a workhorse in good condition. They are a great machine, but really?

I was able to find the zig zag foot stitch plate and buy it from someone who seems to be selling all of their sewing extras. A wonderful thing because the Quilt store said the factory in Chicago might be shut down from COVID. and the plate could be a long wait for it to arrive.

I somehow have four machines on hand now. Two Berninas and two Singers. I think I am good! LOL!