View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 06:33 AM
juliasb

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I don't like either that much. I like my Go die cut machine for most quilting cuts. I think my great greats would had jumped at the chance to have anything easier to be able to create more. They didn't have a choice so that's why it's our sewing past.

I am being quickly spoiled by my Go! cutter. For curved pieces I am finding it to be the very best. Rotary cutters are still the best for much of the cutting I do. I don't have dies for everything (yet). The 3 curved quilts I have dies for have been excellent. The notches are in the perfect place which lets the curves flow easily. For now the only straight line die I have is for the 2 1/2" cut and I am loving it. The accuracy in unreal.
I still use templates for a DWR. Those templates have gotten a great deal of use since I have made 5 king size and 1 queen size using the same templates. When I use templates I am more likely to hand quilt the finished quilt. Templates and hand quilting just seem to go together while rotary and machine quilting seem to go together. I have not yet quilted one of the tops I have made using my Accuquilt Go! so the jury is still out on that one. I am so far just enjoying the experience.