View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Iceblossom

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
Kitchen counter? Ironing board? I know either are not ideal but I have sandwiched mine on my kitchen island for the height and on my ironing board a little section at a time starting in the middle. The ironing board, I can only describe as the way you would iron sheets. I'm of the generation that used to have sheets ironed. LOL.
My ironing board is currently set up across the side of my couch, I often layout fabric on the couch as I iron. As I mentioned earlier, my bed and my ironing board are my largest work surfaces -- but they can be augmented! If you ever get a box that is a good shape for fitting next to your bed or couch or whatever workspace, save it by emptying it and folding it flat. It can then be put between a couch and a wall, or under a bed or some sort of out of the way place, ready to snap into action with a fresh piece of tape.

Those flat folded cardboard also make a nice work surface or again like my kraft paper can be spread out over your bed for a firmer surface or one more suitable for pin basting. Trust me, spray is ok but you don't want to pin baste on a waterbed without a few extra precautions!