View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Iceblossom

Hello and welcome, can you tell us which are the features you are most wanting to get/why did you decide on those machines?

Like I mostly quilt and 99% of the fancy stitches (other than serpentine for quilting down) will never get used. But I like the knee lift, deep throat, thread cutter and auto threader of my fancy Bernina along with needle up/down through my foot pedal. I like my trusty old vintage machine for being a little piecing work horse that can do any thing I throw at it, including jeans and upholstery.

Just got one of those back from the shop (the vintage one) and the Bernina is still broken but that dealer is accepting repair drop offs now -- anyway, been sewing on a bottom of the line Brother ($100 or less new sort) since January that I have for classes or traveling because working beats non-working. I will say I've been impressed with the accuracy of the quilting foot, the threading assist is more than my vintage machine has, and it is chugging away making masks just fine.