View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 11:06 AM
Iceblossom

Good going ckcowl!

Through a chance encounter here on the forums, I'm going to be sending someone a couple of my donation/thrift store projects to practice long arm quilting on -- ones not even admitted to on my unfinished top album because, well, I didn't make them. Need to put on a couple borders/put together a couple backs before they are truly ready to go but I'm giving myself a week to do it. Isn't all that much really, will fill my hour or so a day of fabric playing needs in a way not involving masks and I am moving yardage!

Yesterday was wash day, had been given two rather large pieces of yardage of unstable dark green hand dye/batiks by my Tuesday group ladies and so boiled them a bit first. Then it was a washer full of stuff, so today it was dryer morning and I'm taking an ironing break. Blech. Hate ironing.

So saying good-bye today to this top that I bought last year/earlier this year. It was two pieces that I put together to make a twin sized project. I still need to square it up, and I might end up chopping off about 6” in length to have it better fit the border/backing and still have enough back for the long arm. I love the elephant stripe I'm using in the border but it has been very hard to use. It was a thrift store purchase and has been in the stash maybe 5 years? I think it holds together all this bright chaos well and I'm so glad it has a project to be used in. I'm having to be a bit fussy about cutting the stripes and will have to piece it together for proper length but then it will just be a plain fabric border.

The large scale bicycle I'm using for the back was another one of those “less than $5 for a back!” buys and I think goes better with this than anything else I can imagine. It has only been in my stash for less than a year, is a Shamash and Sons print, don't run across those very often any more so don't know how long it had been unused in some other stash.
Attached Thumbnails 100_5690.jpg   100_5691.jpg