View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 08:04 AM
bkay

Originally Posted by sherrihepler View Post
I have the Montgomery Ward Model UHT J1265, and it needs a new light bulb. I do not have the manual and do not know what bulb to purchase. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks!
To the best of my knowledge, vintage sewing machines have either screw in or bayonet type light bulbs. If you have one in your machine take it out and just take it with you to JoAnn's and match it. If it doesn't have a bulb in it, get a flash light and look into the socket (remove the shade for a closer look). If it has regular light bulb screw in "rings", you have your answer. If not, it's a bayonet type bulb.
Notice, I said, "to the best of my knowledge". I've never encountered anything except a bayonet type socket on a vintage sewing machine. However, I know that the screw-in bulb is available, so there has to be some machines that use it. There may be other types of sockets that I am not aware of.
Also, buy the cheap one. The LED that I bought at JoAnn's didn't work. They exchanged it, but it took a trip back to the store.
bk