View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 03:09 AM
Mazo

Originally Posted by bluebird56 View Post
Doesn't the glue gum up the needle and thread when you sew through it. Jenny
When I first read about it, that’s what I thought too. I trusted the people on this board that they wouldn’t do something to ruin their machine. I only used a tiny bit of glue and hit it with the iron to dry it. If there’s any other tips, I’m hoping someone will add here. The only thing is if you need to press the seams open, I don’t see a way to do that.

Susie- First use of the iron was good and did the job fine. My ironing space is a bit cramped and the cord was just in the way. So I really like it for that reason. As I started using it, I realized how much of a pain the cord really is even with optimal setup. I guess it’s something you just get used to. I went for the ceramic version instead of steel in case glue got on the sole plate. Ceramic can just be wiped. As a side note, this iron is getting to be hard to find. I was going to get one from Amazon warehouse for 1/2 off, someone bought it from under me. Then I went to HSN where they had 9 rose gold color in stock. The next day, they were all gone. My impatience got the best of me and I picked up a new full-priced one from Amazon and it came with a small ironing board. If I run into low heat issues, I’m going to try the other tip someone posted and use the copper BBQ sheets. Also going to look into making a wool seam press. I just need to figure out how to press seams open when gluing them.

Last edited by Mazo; 05-07-2020 at 03:19 AM.