Thread: One touch rule
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 03:29 AM
craftiladi

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
After you use the rule for a while, I bet you find much less to put away. I read somewhere about another "rule" and I have used since fall and it is fab-u-lous! I never leave a room empty handed. For instance, if I am going from living room to kitchen, I take the mug of tea that has gone cold with me to the kitchen. In other words, I don't allow "stuff" to settle down in a room. Then apply the above rule. Don't set the mug of cold tea on the counter. Either warm it up to drink or throw it out and put the mug in the dishwasher or where you put dirty dishes.

After a couple of months of this, I have formed a habit that works for me. Low pressure and a much, neater home in general. Home is not perfect like in the magazines, but it is also ready to great unexpected guests. Besides, no one lives in the perfect magazine home. The greatest benefit for me is that I can accomplish my cleaning day routine more quickly and with a better attitude. End result, more time for quilting or reading or.........
The above method was taught to be by my mom and I have it etched in my brain " Always leave a room better then you found it" One habit I have always done is end of the night pick up. I hate starting the next day with leftovers from the day before so I make a sweep of the kitchen/living room before I go to bed. Yes I am alittle OCD lol