View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 06:04 AM
Snooze2978

As I'm just getting back into sewing after having rotor cuff surgery in late January I decided to try out this embroidery design set for a DWR. As my new little kitten who is no longer little at 9 months old damaged my lap quilts I use on my recliner (made from scraps back then) I decided to pull out my blues and reds scraps as most of the pieces are just 2 x 2.5. I'm using a deep red constant and a navy blue constant in the sections needed but the rings are all scraps. Also using a nice white muslin for the background which I have a bolt of so figure why not. Anyway the blocks take 1.5 hr. to sew each block and I need 48. Of course I realized after I started I didn't have enough for the border I wanted to put on it..........yes I like border on my quilts but I did have enough of the constant red and navy to make the binding with piping so that's been set aside. So far I have 6 blocks done. The designs are by Ann Goodesign, I picked them up when I got my Viking Epic machine a couple years ago.
Attached Thumbnails 1st-blocks.jpg