View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 07:38 AM
travelinggramma

MonaG and Bibliostone - love my blocks. Everyone has really seen my vision and I have plans on how I will set them. Trying not to get ahead of myself and actually sew the sashing now!!
Janice - I forgot to take pictures and the ones sent to me are videos and don't repeat well. Here is where I found the inspirations: https://deannasstuff.blogspot.com/20...-and-semi.html
But google twirly girl dress and there are plenty with tshirt and material sewn on.

Well I have opened up a can on worms! I have been cleaning out and sorting out my stash and came across a dozen QAYG string blocks and many many orphan oops blocks. Soo I am biting the bullet and working on completing them. I have a few drawers where anything under a Fat Quarter go. So I started with that and cut up strips. Wow - many memories of boom blocks. Brought many smiles to my face. Fortunately I had used white as backing to the strips and found similar white and then I had a stash of pieces of batting which I ironed and sewed into 10" squares. This will surely be a scrappy quilt. I feel so good not to be throwing it all away. This is what quarantine does to me!!
Have a beautiful day!