View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:34 AM
grammypatty7

I like to have at least 2 quilts going in different stages but I try to always keep something ready to hand quilt to take with me but guess I'm going to end up with a gap again. I like to piece for a couple of hours, cut for an hour or so depending but my favorite is hand quilting. I try to rotate through the jobs so that I don't over do on anyone thing as too much of anything can cause some repetitive pain issues so I try to keep varying the muscle activity. 2 or 3 works in progress is not a bad thing as long as you are working on all of them I have 3 in progress but am finishing up one this week and will probably complete the other next week and will post photos when completed. The other is a mystery quilt top that I need to decide whether I want to add a scalloped border to it and if I do hopefully will have enough fabric to complete it as the Christmas fabric I bought was sold out a few weeks ago. Our chapter is planning more projects but the ones in the immediate future will have to be skipped by me because I'm also participating in a round robin and my goal is to have my mystery quilted before the round robin top gets back to me. Never bored. LOL

Originally Posted by Joanieu
sorry, hit the enter key by mistake - I tried completing one project before going to the next, but nope... Now I have 1 in the quilting process, 1 ready to baste then quilt, 1 in the piecing process and 1 ready to cut fabric. Never thought I would do that, but I got into a piecing mood the last 1 1/2 months. But back to your question - pattern than fabric, but there were a few times saw some fabric that I just had to have.