View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 06:57 AM
hunters grammy

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Anything sticky, can leave a residue on fabric. You could use the plastic coated paper clips to clip a paper to the fold?
Tartan: That's what I do. I wrap all my fabric (up to 3 yds) on the Comic Book Boards. I cut Index cards in half, make a note about the fabric (kind, designer/company) and size. If I use some of the fabric - I note the change on the index card. The index cards hold up well with shuffling of fabrics. I also use the large plastic coated paper clips - they work great holding my notes and the fabric on the boards. I keep fabrics of the same kind together - Batiks, Moda, etc. and I keep colors together in each collection. This works the best for me after I tried other ways of keeping up with my fabrics. A local quilt shop saves me their fabric boards and I wrap my fabrics that are 3 yards and over on them (I label them also)....these boards work great too. If I buy several pieces of fabric from a collection, I keep them together with a piece of twine so I'll know not to pull from them - that they are to stay together for their own project. Every little thing helps when you're dealing with a quilting room and so much fabric. I have to admit - I'm still trying to decide the best way (for me) to keep my notions organized and handy. I still find myself hunting for something that I know I have...Sorry for the long note - I always get too detailed.