View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 11:01 AM
Iceblossom

Mint is super easy to dry with nothing much at all. Just take a few stalks and gather together at the cut/stem end (say half inch up to an inch of stems, you don't want a super tight or big bundle you want airflow). Wrap a piece of string, dental floss or thread around it a few times and hang stem/cuts up/leaves down where it can have airflow on all sides but be out of the way. You can hang a few bunches off a coat hanger for example and hang that off something. A garage is usually just fine and full of drying opportunities. Even a covered porch, it shouldn't attract any insects or cause any nuisance problem of its own.

Depending on the humidity (and you might want to let the plants dry out/not be watered for a couple of days before harvest) it will just be a day or two before it is ready for tea, but a little longer to store. You want to make sure it is very dry before storing in plastic. I usually put my home dried herbs in paper lunch bags, which I then fold up, write on them what it is and store long term in a plastic sandwich baggy.