View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 12:48 PM
sewingpup

I simply leave my yardage folded selvage to selvage as it comes from the store....then I wrap lengths 2-4 yards around my 8.5 X 24 inch ruler and then fold in half and stack in my lawyer's bookcase, 1-2 yard lengths get wrapped around my 6 X 24 inch ruler, folded in half and also stacked on the shelve, lengths at least a half yard but less than 1 yard...get wrapped around my 6 X 24 inch ruler...folded in half...and then folded again...these get stacked on edge in drawer in my plastic cabinet....fat quarters also get stack on edge in the drawers but as they are folded smaller it is easy to tell them apart. Any fabric longer than 4 yards gets folded and stacked on the bottom shelve with a small piece of paper pined to a corner with the exact amount. Any fabric not the width of the bolt or smaller than a fat quarter gets placed in one of many scrap bins sorted by color family or size ….I have several scrap bins at this point...so most of my fabric except for the potential backing fabric does not need a label as to size as I can tell approximately how much is there by how it is folded....time saver...and pin saver...