View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 03:31 AM
copycat

Smile

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
I have only added them to pillows.

Here is one way to add interest to the quilt. You could use left over fabrics and make it scrappy too.

https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/faux...-ruffle-pillow

For our pillow class, we used the adjustable ruffle foot. Be sure to use the hand wheel first to check needle alignment before stitching. Most of the class members had issues with the foot alignment slipping that caused broken needles.

I finished my project at home. I zig-zagged over a long piece of heavy upholstery thread. Then pulled and gathered the cording to ruffle the fabric strip. Mark the ruffle fabric when it is flat so you know how much to ruffle. You can put a straight pin at the mark and then wrap the cord around to hold in place after you have the fabric gathered to size. Then go onto the next section of ruffle. The holding pins allow you to gather the next section of marked fabric into the right size.

The goal is to have the ruffle spaced evenly on the project. Good luck!
Rhonda K...thanks for the video link to Jordan fabrics. I learned a lot...especially placing a pin in the middle of all 4 sides to get an even amount of ruffles. I appreciate each and every tip.