View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 02:15 PM
Iceblossom

Around here it is about $100 for usually a 4 hour session, sometimes that's a day rate -- it would be worth it for me for a day rate, not so much for 4 hours. I don't mind the $100 training session also usually required. And it's still 30 minutes or so drive.

I was going to get reconnect with my fellow quilters more this year and look at specifically meeting some long armers. Then came Covid...

I'm working on various solutions, I did get the Bernina in to the shop which just opened again May 5. They estimate about a month before they get to it. A lot of the quilts I know I'm doing for donation I find I can use a grid/square/rectangle overall pattern and it comes out nicely with serpentine stitch, and I can do that once I get the Bernina back.

One of my Tuesday group lady wanted some quilting projects so I gave her the small ones.

And I did find a semi-local starting long armer who got my thrift store top projects! Here's hoping to a beautiful friendship, but in my selfish case I have donated several projects and are now off my karmic burden. But you know -- space abhors a vacuum and I will probably fill the empty spaces with more completed tops soon enough.