View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 08:50 AM
Chasing Hawk

*pats self on the shoulder*

I love to cook. My husband tells me often how amazed he is that I can cook a large family meal in such a small kitchen. The grandkids say G-ma's cooking is the best and the dogs say "don't mess with our chef".

My Dad had more influence over my learning how to cook, since my siblings and I lived with him 75% of the time. He starting teaching me at age 11. The first thing was to make biscuits to go with the white beans and ham he cooked. Iput baking soda instead of baking powder in the mix and those biscuits looked like golden brown hockey pucks. Dad ate 3 of them. After that he labeled the baking soda "NOT for biscuits".....lol

I have quite a few of my Mom's recipes. Things like Macaroni salad, Cole slaw, Scalloped potatoes, the pickled cucumber dish, Mom's chili, oh and a family must have.......Fry Bread.
Mom is a fantastic cook I always look forward to eating at her house. What is funny though my little sister lived with Mom since she was about 10 and never really learned to cook. She would call me up and ask how to make something.

Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 05-12-2020 at 08:56 AM.