View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 08:55 AM
LSM52

Default Hello from Boston!

Hi all. I am a long-time quilter living in the Boston area. I've been lurking on this Board and decided to "come out" and play! I learned to sew (garments) from my mom. She never quilted and I taught myself in the 80s with the help of Eleanor Burns' Quilt-in-a-Day books. Now I alternate between garment sewing (used to be corporate clothes for work, now casual tops (mostly) in retirement) and quilting. I've discovered that while I like the piecing fine, I love the quilting more, especially hand quilting, which I thought I would like.

My DS got married a couple of years ago and at a "meet-the-parents" dinner, her mother and I instantly became BFFs. She lives on the west coast and we've gotten together a few times and quilt-sewing our brains out. I got her into quilting and she took off with it and is having a great time. My last visit was this last January and I got home just as the Covid crisis was exploding. I came home with my baby quilt top completed for my newest grandchild, born a month ago.

So I'm hunkered down at home just like everyone else. You guys have inspired me to get my groove on and start sewing/quilting again so here I am! Looking forward to interacting with you all.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-12-2020 at 12:49 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps