Thread: Cast Iron Woes
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 08:56 AM
Iceblossom

I'm sorry Mopec, no offense was intended but I guess I see how it could come out that way. Different people like/want different things and that's ok. And they do look beautiful -- when they are clean and shiny and not dusty or covered with crumbs or if the finish is scratched or it bubbles or does the other things I've seen. I can appreciate how they can be swiped clean.

But really, the only person I know who really loves her flat top doesn't cook a bit. Ever. Never did, for 30+ years it's been out or take out. I had an aunt like that too. She didn't like to wash dishes either so it was paper plates at home.

A couple people are completely satisfied with them, they do minimal cooking. But most of the cooking types found out it wasn't really wasn't they wanted to use and are going to be looking at other options, whether that meant changing their current type of pans or whatever or replacing the units. The way you cook and the type of pans you like to use makes a big difference in the satisfaction as well as your budget. I've cooked on a number of friend's cooktops and they are completely adequate/good for most things with the proper techniques and pans.

What I want is gas, and preferably an upgrade for a wok ring so super hot. I'd have to connect the gas about 20 feet from the furnace, through the foundation and under the house to the kitchen and do a full remodel and unfortunately, that's not going to happen anytime until I win the lottery.