View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 04:48 AM
thedudeabides

Default 201-2 Potential Threading Issue?

Again forgive me if this has been discussed - am still a bit of a newbie with my 201-2 and have searched ad nauseum and can't find an answer. You all were so helpful with the bobbin issue so am coming back.

I just got new thread (Coats and Clark all purpose so no cross-winding issues) - when using this thread, my machine will sew great for a few passes and then it all goes to pot (loops or total mess underneath). Once I re-thread the machine (I don't have to touch the bobbin), it's works fine for a few passes and I'm back to the issues. I *think* the thread is coming out of the tension disks and that's what causing the issues but that's just my very basic analysis. I've rewound the bobbin, experimented with the tension dial, cleaned out the machine... all to no avail. The machine ran smoothly before this for over 100 masks for healthcare workers so I'm wondering if it has something to do with this thread - or perhaps, much like my bobbin issue, the spool being too light and the thread "flying" out of the tension disks?

Thank you so much in advance and feel free to point me in the direction of another post if this has already been discussed and I missed it. Appreciate all of you in helping me enjoy my grandmother's machine - it was so beloved to her and I now treasure it so much!