View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 08:50 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I have five tops ready for quilting, but I'm out of batting and quilting thread, and all the online companies are in no hurry to ship! Does anyone have a favorite online store that ships thread and batting quickly during this crazy pandemic? Quilted Twins ships so fast, but they don't carry what I need. 😕 So, while I have no UFOs finished, I have tops piling up! Anyone else in the same boat?
NZ, I get my batting from Marshall's Dry Goods... and thread too. They have the batting by the roll. Is that what you want? I buy a lot of their 5 oz poly batting, but sometimes also their 80/20 cotton/poly blend. And I get the 12,000 yd spools of American and Efird thread: D Core which is cotton wrapped polyester. Tex 40. Marshall's has those in white, ecru and sometimes black. It's mostly all I use for quilting, and piecing too.
I would call Marshalls and ask to speak to a wholesale salesman. They can tell you how long it will take to ship. It's usually pretty fast, but with this stupid virus going on, who knows? Good luck!